Our Family

Apple New Year! This is a picture taken on December 28, 2012, of most of our Apple products we had with us during Christmas 2012. On the floor on the left is our first computer, bought in 1987. From the left: Sam, his wife Amber and their daughter Evelyn; Katie behind Suzie, her husband Adam with their son Tyson; Shelly and her husband Drew with their daughter Aubree between them and their daughter Kinzie on Drew's lap and their daughter Isabelle; Brian and his wife Brittany standing behind them, and Heidi and I.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some Snow Pictures

On Tuesday evening we got the tail-end of
a pretty good snowstorm heading up the coast.
Wednesday morning the storm was completely
gone and the skies were clear.
All the snow was real pretty in the early
morning, especially with the long shadows.
So I grabbed my little camera and took some pictures.
I wish I had my old SLR camera so I could have
composed some of the pictures, but my point &
shoot camera takes good pictures-
it just puts everything in focus, and I would have
liked to control that more.
We only got about 4 inches of snow here.

This picture is at 'cat-level' of the deck
with the cats paw prints in the snow.

Throw some more snow on the barbie.

Have a seat.

This is the magnolia tree.
It keeps its leaves all year round.
In the huge snowstorms of last year,
we had to go out and shake the snow
so the limbs wouldn't break from
the weight of the snow.

The birdbath,
closed for winter.

The row of leyland cypress trees in between
our house and the neighbors.

My backyard mailbox.
It is right by the water faucet, and I
keep some of my garden hand-tools
in it so they are handy.

A solar light in the backyard.

One of the bird-feeders that my
mom made years ago.

The swing set, no takers today.

A cold seat.

This snow was real light and
stuck to everything.

The kid swing full of snow.

The sun shining through
one of my apple trees.

A self-portrait with the cat wondering
what the heck I am doing.

Snow on the backyard fence.

Snow on the solar lights
along the front walkway.

Snow covering an Alberta spruce
on the corner of the front walkway.

Oops! Looks like I forgot to take
down one of the Christmas decorations.

Snow on one of the bird houses
in the backyard.

The other bird house along the fence.

Snow caught in the branches
of the cherry tree.

I liked the pattern of the snow on the rails of the deck.

This is a shelf on the framework of the
canopy we put up in the spring.

Snow clinging to more of the canopy framework.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures
of the snow.

The End

1 comment:

  1. Nice pics dad! Looks like you guys had plenty of snow. I wish you could send some our way!!

    ReplyDelete