Our Family

Apple New Year! This is a picture taken on December 28, 2012, of most of our Apple products we had with us during Christmas 2012. On the floor on the left is our first computer, bought in 1987. From the left: Sam, his wife Amber and their daughter Evelyn; Katie behind Suzie, her husband Adam with their son Tyson; Shelly and her husband Drew with their daughter Aubree between them and their daughter Kinzie on Drew's lap and their daughter Isabelle; Brian and his wife Brittany standing behind them, and Heidi and I.

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Autumn Pictures At Home

Here was my dilemma:
Either wait for good picture taking weather
and risk the leaves being all gone, or
take pictures in crummy weather and light.
It has been either cloudy or raining for over
a week and a half. Every day I had wanted to take
pictures of all the beautiful colors here,
but the weather hasn't cooperated.
Today was the first day that it was actually
sunny enough to take some pictures in the yard,
so I grabbed my camera and took these
this morning before I left for work.
The colors are about a week past their peak,
but look better now than if I had waited any longer.

This is called burning bush and it is on the
corner in our front yard.

Next to the burning bush are these marigolds
that surround our big rock.
The pumpkin is a leftover from Halloween.

This picture is off the side of the front porch.
That's a Mt. Airy on the left.
I forget what the one climbing the post on the right is called.
If you know, let me know and I will update this.

Some of the leaves of the Mt. Airy.

Yep, I'm still getting roses.
These are my carpet roses.

More carpet roses.

This is one of my Crepe Myrtles.

This is a forsythia. It is one of the first plants
to bloom in the early spring with
bright yellow flowers.

This is my wisteria vine on the fence and arbor
in the background. Behind the fence are several
butterfly bushes with different colored flowers.

On the left is the redbud tree and on the
right is a flowering plum.

Fallen leaves under the redbud tree.

A yellow wild grapevine climbing
up the yew.

Still getting flowers on a hydrangea.

Leaves in the birds nest spruce
with a purple mum behind it.

A purple mum in the foreground,
and a nandina in the background.

Here is a close-up of the nandina.

I am still getting some blooms from the bed of wildflowers.

Yeah, I think the birdbath needs cleaned.

Brian's tree. We have always called it that
because it is outside of Brian's bedroom window.
This is a cleveland pear tree.

Here is the flowering cherry tree.
In the spring it has hundreds of
pink double blossoms.

A close-up of leaves from the flowering cherry tree.

A row of dead sunflowers with a birch tree
on the other side of the fence.

Ah, the birds haven't finished eating sunflower seeds yet.

Yep, still getting tomatoes, some squash
and I need to pick my carrots.

An oak tree in the back corner of the yard.

Burning bush in the foreground,
and a maple tree in the background.

I forget what this is called,
but it has leaves all over it.

Leaves all over the grass.
I need to cut the lawn one more time and then
put the mower away for the season.

Seeds from the magnolia tree.

Leaves on the steps of the deck.

Those are the same burning bushes as the second picture.
The tree in front of them is a lion's head maple.


A closer look at the lions head maple.

And a close-up of the lions head maple.
The leaves are all crinkly year-round.

And here is Cortez, enjoying one of the last
warm days of Autumn.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics dad! Glad you finally had a good picture taking day! The yard looks like it's grown a lot since I saw it in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the burning bush the most. You do a good job of keeping up with pictures or the yard through the seasons. I enjoy seeing what the yard is looking like at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures dad... i do love the fall back east. Seemed like it lasted longer than the fall out here, but then again its been like 7 years since I have lived out there during that time of the year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these great pictures!! I love fall:) It is beautiful there!!

    ReplyDelete