Our Family

Apple New Year! This is a picture taken on December 28, 2012, of most of our Apple products we had with us during Christmas 2012. On the floor on the left is our first computer, bought in 1987. From the left: Sam, his wife Amber and their daughter Evelyn; Katie behind Suzie, her husband Adam with their son Tyson; Shelly and her husband Drew with their daughter Aubree between them and their daughter Kinzie on Drew's lap and their daughter Isabelle; Brian and his wife Brittany standing behind them, and Heidi and I.

Friday, December 24, 2010

Farewell To Autumn

We've had a small pumpkin just sitting
around here for quite awhile after both
Halloween and Thanksgiving. Heidi and I
talked about making pumpkin soup and serving
it in a pumpkin carved as a bowl.
So the other day, Heidi left me a note before
she went to work asking if it was a good day
to finally try making pumpkin soup.
Well, it was a good day to try making
pumpkin soup and here are the pictures
to prove it:

Katie took this picture of me and the pumpkin
before I got ready to carve it.

I cut the top straight off and carved out
all the seeds from the inside with this large spoon.

The pumpkin all carved and rinsed out.
And all the seeds I saved to roast.
Roasted pumpkin seeds for Christmastime?
Hey, why not?
HERE is a recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds
that I think I will try. We usually just put different
spices on the seeds and bake them for a bit.


Here is the soup all made and ready to serve
from the pumpkin bowl. I had to go down in the
basement and dig around in the Thanksgiving decorations
to find this placemat/centerpiece.

The soup was real thick and yummy, although Katie
was too chicken to try it.
Click HERE for the recipe I used.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Happy Halloween...I mean Merry Christmas Eve. Hope you like the soup. I might have to side with Katie and not want to try it. Me and pumpkin don't mix well.

    ReplyDelete