This year Heidi, Katie and I stayed home for Christmas.
So with just the three of us, we wanted to share the day
with the missionaries assigned to our ward in our church.
Since our son Brian is on his mission in northern California,
and he would be spending it with others again, we wanted
to do the same. So we shared our Christmas by having
other parents sons (in the same situation) over and
make sure they also had a good holiday.

Heidi made this yummy maple thing for part of our breakfast.

After breakfast, we were ready for stockings and presents.

This is elder Arnold with all his boxes of gifts
sent to him in the mail. He is from southern California.
This is where it becomes a small world: we know his
family and when we lived there in the late 90's,
Michelle and his older sister were best friends.

This is Elder Azero with Katie.
He is also from southern California, but raised
in Bolivia. He lived in La Paz at over 12,000 feet
above sea level, and is now serving his mission
at about sea level. He said the elevation
does not bother him.

Katie and electronics don't get along very well.
So she got a phone since her other one died.
She also got a new camera, since she managed
to screw up the one she has.

Elder Arnold got this hood for the cold weather.
I think he is happy to face the winter here now.

One last picture before it's time to go.
I am really glad you guys got to have the missionaries over. I hope you gave Sister Arnold the link to this blog so she could read/see it. I want some of those maple rolls!
ReplyDeleteWhy would anyone want to live iun such harsh consitions when you could live in Paradise (Sunny southern Califonia) and be just hours away from water skiing, surfing, or whitewater rafting on any given day of the year? Why?
ReplyDeleteAnd where did you find a second generation Chocolate? I didnlt think they made those things anymore.
Nice of you to share Christmas with the missionaries. We felt the same way when Aaron was out.
ReplyDelete