The planets must have all been aligned this Thanksgiving, because I got off work at both my jobs that made it possible to drive up to Shelly and Drew's. We left on Wednesday evening after I got home for work, ate on the way, and got to the Shades around 11 p.m. We spent the holiday and the weekend with them and had a great time.
Here are some photos of all the things we did:
The girls- plugged-in while they eat their breakfast.
Isabelle is almost done with breakfast.
Aubree showing me what she is eating.
Aubree, just being herself.
Movie time.
Aubree's lap disappears when she tries to hold Kinzie.
Kinzie with her toys on the couch.
Ah, time for the traditional snack tray. Of course Aubree has to check the quality of the snacks.
Yep, the pickles are okay.
I don't think Isabelle cared for the green olives that I love.
Aubree camped out at the snack tray for awhile.
Heidi peeling apples for a dessert.
The girls made some drawings in the play room.
We played a dice game and I showed the girls how to kiss the dice, roll them in their hands and say ' come on number 7'.
A bunch of the families in the Shade's ward decided to get together at the church and have Thanksgiving dinner together. They made assignments for everything and had quite a crown show up.
There was a kid's table that had paper on it for all the kids to draw on.
A photo-op of the place-settings before things got wild.
More setting up.
And more setting up.
And even more setting up.
Heidi made this yule log dessert.
Aubree showing me a few things on the iPod Touch.
Photo-op of me, Heidi and Aubree.
Aubree showing Grandma a thing or two on the iPad.
Playing with Kinzie on the couch.
We walked into town to mail a letter and go to the 'Spider Park'.
Resting on a bench on the way to the park.
Posing in the middle of the street for a picture. I think we saw one car go down the road.
This contraption is why the girls call this the 'Spider Park'. They love climbing on it.
Isabelle found a place to sit and rest while climbing around.
Climbing all around.
Hang Loose Papa!
Isabelle climbing the rock wall with help from her dad.
Aubree at the top of the climbing wall.
Aubree went back to climb with Grandma's help.
Isabelle climbing the rock wall by herself.
On the swings.
Kenzie on the swing.
The girls fishing with sticks along the little creek.
Time to set-up the Christmas tree.
Time for ornaments.
Drew put the hooks on the ornaments so the girls could hang them.
Shelly helping the girls hang ornaments.
Isabelle set-up the nativity scene and posed for a picture next to it.
Aubree enjoying a pickle. Ah, the sweet aroma.
On Saturday, Drew and I took Isabelle and Aubree to the YMCA for their swim lessons. They wanted pictures of themselves in the clothes lockers.
Aubree's turn.
Well we found out that lessons were cancelled for the holiday weekend, so we ended up taking the girls to lunch at Chick-fil-A.
Yum, this stuff is great!
And ice cream afterwards too!
Isabelle going down the slide at lunch.
Aubree going down the slide too.
Isabelle playing with Kinzie.
Heidi and I left on Sunday afternoon for the drive back to Delaware. Thanksgiving with the Shades and their friends was lots of fun and I know Shelly put in a lot of work for it to be a success. We had a great time.
The End






















































Good pics and nice new banner photo! I really like it!
ReplyDelete