Our Family

Apple New Year! This is a picture taken on December 28, 2012, of most of our Apple products we had with us during Christmas 2012. On the floor on the left is our first computer, bought in 1987. From the left: Sam, his wife Amber and their daughter Evelyn; Katie behind Suzie, her husband Adam with their son Tyson; Shelly and her husband Drew with their daughter Aubree between them and their daughter Kinzie on Drew's lap and their daughter Isabelle; Brian and his wife Brittany standing behind them, and Heidi and I.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Our BIG Winter... Not Really!

We have had a very mild winter so far this year with only two dinky snowstorms. It snowed a couple of inches in a January storm, and a couple of inches yesterday. The daffodils are already coming up and some trees are already getting buds on them. They say that mild winters around here lead to stormy springs most of the time. We will see. Here are a couple of pictures I took yesterday to remind me what snow looks like.

 Straight out the back of the house, looking into the garden area. You can see the fruit trees beyond the white fence and arbor. I trimmed all the fruit trees in January.

 The birds don't mind the snow as long as they are in their house. I didn't see if any smoke was coming out the chimney, so they may still be in Florida.

This small snowstorm was nice in that the sidewalks and roads were still warm enough that the snow did not stick. That means no shoveling! Most of the snow melted by the afternoon. In the early evening we got another round of snow, but it didn't stick either. And last night it got very windy and cold as a cold-front came in. I don't think it even got out of the 30's today.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment