Here are some pictures of the snow from yesterday's snowstorm.
After the pictures, I posted six more short videos.
The wind is still blowing and it is still very cold,
But better weather for taking pictures.
We are still under a state of emergency and
there is still a driving curfew, so no going to work
for me. I will probably have to work this Saturday.

A front view of the house with the tons of snow around.

Ice-cycles hanging off the southwest side of the house.
The windows there go to Katie's second bedroom.
How many teenagers do you know that have two bedrooms?
She has all her stuff in her bedroom, but loves the
big bed in Brian's ex-bedroom, so she sleeps in there.

Throw some more snow on the 'barbie'!
Looks like we wont be barbecuing anytime soon.

Some of the melting snow on the back roof is dripping
on the gazebo frame and making these ice-cycles.

Here is a close-up of some of the ice-cycles.

A backyard picture of the bird bath
and garden behind the fence.

Here is a picture looking up our road
taken from the third story window.
I had to take the screen out of the window
and lean out to get this shot and the two below.

Here's the view of part of the driveway and front yard.

Here is the end of our road at the cul-de-sac.
Our house is located right before the end of it.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And now to the videos.
Here are a few short videos I took this morning
that show the aftermath of Snowzilla.
Pass the popcorn, please.
This first video is taken across the street from our house.
It just shows the enormous piles of snow and the
narrow plowed strip of our road.
This second video shows our ice rink, I mean driveway,
and the mountains of snow from two back-to-back
major snowstorms. I had to shovel a bit early this morning,
because some of the snow drifted back on to the driveway.
The wind direction is from right to left.
Here is a video I took from the third story of our house.
It is a pan of our street from one end to the other.
Just for fun, I took this video of our snowbound van.
I don't think we will be driving this anytime in the near future.
This fifth video shows the piles of snow in the front yard.
You can hear the wind still blowing in this video.
This video is just a panorama of the snow in the back yard.
The End
Isabelle and I just watched all of your videos. She said, "Grandma and Papa's house!!! I want to go there." She enjoyed your naration. The third video didn't appear on our blog, so we couldn't watch it. Oh well. I like the different snow shots so we can see how much you got. Thanks for the report, weatherman. Over and out.
ReplyDelete